Things changed the day you walked into my life. A writer who could have thought and imagined of anyone while reading or writing, went through a change, an unexpected change to be precise.
The cheesy ones stopped seeming to be cheesy. They reminded me of the silliest moment we spent together.
The stories ending up with death scared me, the fear of going away from you was so deeply instilled in my heart.
The love stories, they made me think of you and me and a future, however distant it seemed.
The erotica, they did their best too, made me think and crave for you like never before. They made me go weak on my knees by thinking of your touch and breath on my skin.
You changed me, girl, and you made me yours the moment you walked in.
Hello Everyone, I’ve started a new section in my BLOGOSPHERE, that of Short Stories and Nano-Tales…
Every week I’ll be uploading one of these stories or tales here… Hope you’ll enjoy it… All types comments, reviews, suggestions and criticism is welcome 😊😊…
Love and Regards – K@ 😊❤
*10 Things I Have Learnt About Life In 20 Years Of My Existence*
1. To be or not to be, is an easy question. Who to be, what to be, when to be, why to be, where to be, and how to be — these are the real questions. You may not be able to have a control over all the answers to these questions, but you can always control at least one answer, and your life will be decided on the basis of what you make out of it.
2. The purpose of your life can be anything you want it to be. And, if you can’t find anything, let it be to create value. To accomplish something. Life is like a balance sheet. The world doesn’t owe you anything, nobody owes you anything, and you don’t owe anything to anyone either. There’s no profit or loss to be made here, except for the good or bad deeds you have to your name. You can either be an asset or a liability to the world, depending on whether you contribute any good to the world (even as little as making someone smile) or bad. It’s okay if you don’t do any good, as long as you don’t do anything bad, but if you do something bad, ensure that you do something good to rectify it.
3. You can’t expect everybody to understand you when there are days even you don’t understand yourself. You’re not the same person you were years ago. We keep changing with every new ideal, belief, and piece of information we accumulate. And, if you aren’t changing, you probably aren’t growing, either.
4. Your love cannot make people love, stay, or change. And, it is not your responsibility to make anyone change either because you can’t. I have heard too many people saying “I thought I could change him/her/them,” who end up paying for it themselves. Whether the other person will change or not for the better, you will end up changing for sure and it will be for the worse. People are not projects you can work on. They are as free as you to do what they want, love whom they want, change if they want, or just be who they want to be. The only person you can change is you.
5. You can only save others if you save yourself, and you cannot save those who don’t want to be saved. Some people are just too content being miserable and wallowing in self-pity because it is easier for them to cry than trying to smile. You aren’t giving up on them, you’re just letting them be.
6. There’s only so much your brain can remember. So, you can choose to fill it either with the good memories or bad memories. It’s difficult to forget the bad memories but it’s more difficult to remember the good ones. So, make a note of the good on paper or wherever you can before they vanish from your mind and whenever you find yourself drowning in bad memories, you can always come back to the good ones.
7. Learning to savour sadness is an art very few can master. You can go through life carrying all the hurt and pain within you or you can let it go. Letting go is difficult but not impossible. Our brains are conditioned to focus on the bad more than the good. Rebel against that conditioning. What you choose to do with the pain decides the kind of person you are and will be. You can allow it to make you weak or you can become brave. You can allow it to make you bitter or you can make peace with it and choose to channel that pain into becoming a better person.
8. Belief in yourself is all you need to survive in this world. Don’t believe the naysayers, they aren’t living your life, you are. Make it worth your while.
9. Whenever life gets too difficult, try to think of it as a story or a movie. A movie which has a happy plot without any twists or turns will get boring, and nobody would want to watch it. And, it is not necessary that the movie should have a happy ending. But, even if it has a sad ending, it should be a movie worth watching. Even if you have nothing else to live for, live with the curiosity to know the suspense of what will happen next in the story.
10. There’s always a way out. It may be hidden in the darkness at times but the sun will shine again. And, sooner or later, you will find your way again.
The man stood there, at the top of the slope. He stared off towards the stars and the direction of the city in the night sky. He heard screams of terror, saw flickering blazes light up the sky brighter than any night star could. The rocky edge of the slope began to give way but by bit. The man closed his eyes, trying to block out the screams of the innocent. He reflected on everything of the life he’d spent until that moment. This was it. This was the day humanity dreaded, the day human kind wrote about; he squeezed his eyes shut. “The apocalypse is upon us…” The man whispered. Smoke and ash seemed to fall from the sky itself. It was so surreal. Everything humanity had worked for. Everything we wanted to make. All of it, gone. In just an instant.
Why? That was the question the man thought of. Is it because of how ignorant we are? How cruel we are to each other, and this is the ultimate effect of karma? Is it because of what we do to the animals of this planet? It’s natural to eat them, but if we’re capable of killing them in a way that’s nearly painless and quick, then why use such unnecessary brutality? Why? The man felt the ground lurch beneath him. Why? Because the Earth was falling apart. He felt himself falling. Why? Because we blame each other for things that can only be fixed if we unite. He hit the ground. Hard. Blood dropped from the man’s mouth as he stared at the stone that had impaled his body. Why? He finally understood. We are such an intelligent, and advanced race. So then why is a dog able to know more of what love means than we are? Why does a pride of lions accept females just the same as males? Why do Dolphins accept their children no matter what’s going on in their heads or what gender they are?
The man understood. We as a race were proved to be unable to learn what it means to love. To care for each other. To care for ALL who surround us. We proved to not be the intelligent and sophisticated race we think of ourselves as. We destroyed the planet before this day. We. We. We. We all had a part in this. The man’s vision faded, and he felt the walls of his mind collapse. “We are not fit to live on this planet. And…we… Never…were…” And with that, the man’s life faded away, while the rest of the Earth mindlessly searched for answers, unable to see that this indeed was the ultimate price to pay, but they were more than deserving of it. The world was turned to chaos, and the count of those dead multiplied by the minute. My friends, this is the END.
#PrayersForAllepo #Peace #Love #Humanity
If I should write a love story,
I’d write of me and you,
No one else, just you and I,
Of love – between us two.
I could write, so many things,
But I would choose to say,
That you are – Oh, so beautiful,
As the darling buds of May.
No one ever touched me dear,
No one reached my heart,
Only you, have changed my life,
And caused me – fall apart.
I don’t know what it is – inside,
I know, that it’s just there!
As if two souls, were joined as one,
Two lovers – now – a pair!
I’ve had my, admirers too,
But could I love them? – No!
I could only, give my heart,
To one, whom I loved so!
So, if I’d write my love story,
I’d say, that we are two,
Imperfect souls, we both may be,
But there’s no one, like you!